Cheque Pronto - False Advertisement in English & Spanish

A check cashing business named Cheque Pronto at 1630 Pleasant Hill Rd.Duluth, GA (inside the Assi Plaza Farmer's Market) has flyers, banners, and a tent that advertises you can cash your first check for free as long as it is a paycheck.

I even asked the cashier beforehand and she said "yes, the first check is free". So I present her with my paycheck and she gets my driver's license. She verifies funds on the check and whatever else she has to do to enter my info in their system. When it's time to give me my money, she says it's not the first check free, it's the second check you cash that's free.

What?!?! I point out that all the banners, flyers, and tent/canopy advertise "Cambia tu primer cheque GRATIS" or "Change your first check FREE". Not to mention she confirmed the promotion at the beginning of the transaction! She shrugs and says it's an old promotion.

If it's an old promotion, take it down! If it's still up and all over the store front, honor it! I would understand it it was a stray flyer or two, but the promotion is all over the store front in big banners. Clearly this false advertisement.

There is no fine print or anything that mentions the second check is free.

I bet if I had 5 checks, she'd say the sixth one is the free one.What a waste of my time and gasoline to come to this place.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cheque Pronto. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cheque Pronto.
Filing a new complaint about